frequently asked questions
– Any color leotard (skirt is optional)
– Pink ballet tights (tights are mandatory for all classes)
– Pink ballet slippers
– Hair must be pulled back off of the face and neck
– White t-shirt
– Black ballet tights or gym shorts
– Black ballet slippers
– If you feel uncomfortable wearing tights and a leotard, simply wear a t-shirt, tank top, sweatpants, leggings or yoga pants
– Please choose the best option you feel you will dance best in!
– Leotard or camisole, shorties, leggings or pants
– Black tap shoes
– Leotard or camisole, convertible tights, leggings or dance shorts
– Dance pants (not baggy)
– Shoes (ask the teacher)
– Clothes must be loose-fitting or stretchable to dance in (e.g. exercise clothes). No Jeans.
– Sneakers/tennis shoes or dance boots with non-marking sole (shoes must not be street shoes worn outside of dance studio)
We do not charge VAT, therefore VAT forms are not required or accepted.
We recommend attending a try out class first. The teacher can then properly assess your level and will suggest the appropriate class to you. Levels cannot be compared from school to school. Sometimes, you may be placed in a different level that you attended in your previous school.
Feel free to ask your teacher about your progress at anytime. Usually, the teacher will let you know when you are ready to move up. Completing a semester does not guarantee to move to the next level. Sometimes, it could take several years to advance. There are many factors that we take into consideration when we evaluate our students. Age or years of training are not enough to determine the level of the student. We are also looking at maturity, focus, technique, skills, alignment, strength, flexibility and attendance. Attendance and participation is imperative for a student to progress. Proper technique and skills are accomplished through practice and patience. It is extremely important that students are placed in a level that is appropriate for them, as frustration may occur. Injury prevention and the student’s well-being is our highest priority.
We completely understand if you miss a class due to traffic, family events, sickness or appointments. But in general make attendance a priority as this is a determining factor in your progress. If there is room in other classes, you are allowed to make-up the missed class by attending a class that is similar to the registered class. Please check with the teacher first, which class you would like to attend. There are no refunds for missed classes.
Refunds will not be issued for tuition, recital tickets, or costume balances. No exceptions. There will be no refunds for a student’s absence from class. If class enrollment does not exceed five students, the class will be cancelled and students will be reassigned to another class.
Covid situation update: If the German government requires us to temporarily suspend classes in the studio again, we will automatically go to the online class format again.
We are so glad you asked! In order to create a positive learning environment for all, proper etiquette is crucial.
* Don’t enter the classroom while class is being held.
* Be on time. This means arrive early.
* For Ballet: Put your hair up in a bun and wear proper ballet attire (no baggy clothes).
* No chewing gum, cell phone use or other distractions during class.
* Be respectful to the teacher and other classmates. Offer help when you see someone struggle.
* Refrain from negative, judgmental comments. Always support each other and lift each other up.
* Support your studio and its mission wholeheartedly. All of us dance to the same beat.
We LOVE enthusiastic parents that enjoy watching their children hard at work. However, in order to ensure quality instruction and maintain focus in class, we ask that parents and siblings please wait outside on the benches provided, or if you like, take a walk or run some errands! Class can still be observed through our glass doors. If it is your child’s first class, you can stay in the classroom to get a better understanding of our classes.
We do ask that our younger dancers be picked up and dropped of at the door within 5 minutes of class start time. Older students can be picked up/dropped off „car-pool“ style out front in the parking lot. Grace Studio cannot be responsible for the care of students before or after class.
Yes! We LOVE working one-on-one with our students and many of our instructors offer private lessons in all of our dance disciplines! Shoot us an email or complete the Registration Form noting interest in private lessons and what technique or subject matter you are interested in and we will be in touch!
What does the costume & production fee cover? Why do I have to purchase tickets to watch my child perform?
The costume and production fees of 60 Euros for children sizes and 70 Euros for adult sizes cover the cost of the costume, accessories and stage props. It also includes the hours spent on searching for the right costume, collecting payments and sizes, the ordering process, organising and giving out costumes and lots of administrative work.
The tickets purchased for the show cover the rental cost of the facility, the hiring of sound and lighting technicians, the transport of stage props, the music tax and license fees (GEMA), the flowers/gifts for teachers, the tickets and posters printed for the show and the cleaning fee.